Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, February 3, 2012

Chocolate Mousse - featured

I have had such a sweet tooth lately, I'm trying this out to see if it helps.....a little healthier endulgence.


  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 T cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • sweetener to taste (I used a little stevia, but any dry sweetener will do.)
Open the coconut milk, and leave the can (or transfer to a bowl) uncovered in the fridge overnight. (Don’t shake the can before opening.) It should get very, very thick. (If it doesn’t, you’ve gotten a bad can that won’t work for the recipe. I highly recommend Thai Kitchen, or especially Thai Kitchen Organic.) Once thick, transfer to a bowl (you can opt to leave out the watery bit at the bottom of the can, if you want it even thicker) and whip in your cocoa, vanilla, and sweetener with a fork, or even beaters if you want to be fancy. (For the photos on this page, I didn’t use beaters. But I did pipe the mousse out using an icing tip.) Stored uncovered in the fridge, the mixture gets even thicker

Use as a mousse, or as frosting for your favorite cupcakes :) I think it would be delicious on our muffins without the berries or cinnamon. (maybe adda little extra vanilla)

This idea comes from the funnest blog, Chocolate - Covered Katie. It's all about healthy desserts. I will feature her again, I'm sure!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How well does this keep after being whipped? Looks yummy going to make today or tomorrow.