Friday, December 16, 2011
NOVEMBER - 51% RAW FOOD
Goal: Every meal load up your plate with 51% raw fruits, veggies and nuts/seeds. Fill the remainder (49%) with your usual meal.
Example: Add an apple with you usual egg in the morning. Or as you pop out the door grab a handful of almonds with your morning water. With your lunch time sandwich include extra slices of tomatoes, sprouts, onions, lettuce, cucumbers etc. Use salads and/or veggie trays as staples for dinner side dishes. etc...
Why should I worry about if my food is raw or cooked? And what is so special about 51%?
At the very least, eating a diet of 51% raw fruits and veggies will increase your overall intake of powerful vitamins and antioxidants. Most foods loose a portion, if not the majority of their healthy nutrients, to the cooking process; therefore increasing your intake of raw allows your body to have access to an abundance of these powerful vitamins and antioxidants. Plus, you get the added benefit of increasing your overall consumption of raw fiber, with aids in overall digestive health.
The calories found in the veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds are (for the most part) some of the easiest to digest and utilize, therefore reducing your overall calorie consumption and aiding in weight loss.
These foods typically contain more water as well and aid the body in your hydration levels (more on that in December's Goal).
Eating over half of your daily intake as raw food has the power to change your overall heath and wellness in ways that you will only understand by testing this principle. There are numerous studies that have been done on the differences between raw food and cooked food and it's effects on the body; but the real lab - the only one that matters - is your life. Try it for 30 days and see how much cleaner, fresher, clearer and better you feel.
The reality is, the food we eat matters, and the way we feel and how our bodies preform is directly linked back to the fuel we put in. Raw food is a premium resource for the best fuel we can currently get our hands on redily and inexpensively. For more information on specific aliments etc. here is a link for medical research on raw foods effect on health and well being