After watching an episode of restaurant impossible we stole this recipe and tried it out - super tasty, I highly reccomend it! And not very difficult - even though it looks like a lot of work, it was pretty simple and didn't take too long.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon crushed mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons cracked coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (didn't have- just left out)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh watercress, minced (we didn't have watercress - I used fresh parsley - worked great)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint (used dried)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Six 6 to 7-ounce salmon fillets, with skin
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Fresh herbs, for garnish, optiona
For the crust: In a bowl, blend the panko, mustard seeds, coriander seeds and parsley together. Season with salt and pepper.
For the wash: In a second bowl, blend the mustard with 1/2 cup water, whisking well to blend.
For the sauce: Whisk the yogurt, sour cream, watercress, vinegar, mint and garlic in a bowl. To ensure the spices are blended, scrape the sides and whisk a second time. Hold at room temperature if using within 30 minutes, or refrigerate for future usage.
For the salmon: Coat the salmon with the wash, and then finish the top side (skin side) with the crust. Repeat the process with each fillet.
In medium saute pan over medium heat, coat the bottom of the pan with the oil. When warmed, add the crusted side of the salmon to the pan and cook, in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fish and finish cooking until desired temperature. Remove from the pan.
Finally, sauce the plates with 2 ounces of the watercress/mint sauce. Top with the salmon and fresh herbs if desired.
This was easy - I whipped it together in less than 20 minutes and it was eated faster than that - so, sorry I didn't get a picture before it was gone. But I know I'll make it again, so I'll try to get one for you guys then :)